This one-day workshop will focus on the skills needed in planning, writing, editing and proofreading court reports, parole reports and associated documents such as case notes. Throughout the workshop participants will have the opportunity to review sample reports and practise their skills.
At the end of this workshop, you will return to your workplace with:
- an increased understanding of the purpose and context of these reports and the role they play in the legal system
- improved skills in selecting and highlighting critical information for the report's key readers
- improved skills in writing in a clear, concise style
- the ability to write reports that are professional, objective and evidence-based
- tips for proofreading systematically
The workshop is largely an interactive one in which sample reports are analysed to highlight key teaching points.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for all public sector staff who are involved in preparing court documents. The workshop is particularly suitable for staff in Juvenile Justice or Child Protection.
Make an enquiry
To make an enquiry about this course, please email us or use the form below: